Sunday, June 13, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

It has been an awesome weekend around our house. It has been way too quiet!! With Ben gone it seems things are much more calm than normal. Everyone had warned us that when one of the kids are gone you will be amazed at how quiet it is and how easy life seems. It is so true. I used to think when Ben was Kate's age how rough it was but little did I know. Now with just her it is so easy! We can take care of one kiddo no problem. It has been a wonderful relaxing weekend for us. Just what we needed after a rough week. We are both still getting over the stomach bug issues so we needed some down time. And just Kate is down time for sure!

Friday night we went to the mall and ate at Carraba's and did a little shopping for Matt (he got a couple of pairs of new shoes). Saturday morning Matt did yard work and I cleaned the house. Stuff that HAD to be done!! In the afternoon we went and did a little clothes shopping for me! I finally spent all my Christmas gift cards. I know I am slow. I have to wait for really good sales and believe me I got some awesome deals ($2 jeans at Ann Taylor).

Last night we went to dinner at Cotton Row restaurant here in town to celebrate our anniversary. It was amazing!! The food and service were excellent. It is the new "it" restaurant in town. Where you got to "see and be seen." So that was fun! Just a great night for us to spend together and talk about our lives together. We had a blast. Matt got me an awesome diamond necklace that I love!! Such a great night.

Matt is on his way to pick up Ben and I can't wait to see the little guy! I have missed him so much. We are looking forward to a fun week ahead with Vacation Bible School! YEA!!!


Here we are all dressed up and looking halfway decent. Hard to believe it has been 7 years!!

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look wonderful! I am excited to have Ben in VBS next week! Get that cowboy ready to have fun at the ranch :)

My Three Sons said...

hat a great picture!!!!

The South Family said...

Great picture of the two of you! A relaxing weekend before VBS is much needed. We just finished ours last week and Im exhausted.

Jennifer Ezell said...

Congrats!! Such a great picture of you two!

AuJenzy said...

cute picture of you two!! happy anniversary!!