Thursday, June 3, 2010

FourSquare

When I was young, four square was a game all us nonathletic people played in PE while the athletic people played "real" sports. I can't believe I just said "when I was young." I must be getting old! Anyways - these days FourSquare is an app for the iPhone in which nerdy, techie guys try to go to, "check in," at different places in order to become the mayor and win badges. Don't ask me about it. I think it is the dumbest thing on the planet. Matt loves it though. Him and a couple of his buddies have been working hard to get their pizza badge. And by working hard I mean going to every pizza place in town to check in. They needed one last check in to get the badge so we met up with them tonight at Mellow Mushroom to celebrate and get that last badge. I am always up for going out to eat if it means I don't have to cook (even if it is for a dumb reason). We had a good time with Ryan Ezell and the Martins and Mellow Mushroom is my favorite pizza place.


Here are the guys all checking in!! I think the game is so dumb (have I mentioned that??) I claim to be the mayor of the duck in the lake near our house. Kate and Ben had fun as always! Kate is sitting in high chairs these days! It is so nice not to have to carry around that big bulky car seat. She ate 2 whole cheese bread slices tonight at dinner. I think this picture shows how much Ben and Kate look alike.

These guys are so nerdy. They sit around and talk about their phones!!

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Cmon now, you know like foursquare! :) I thought Matt was working for the pizza badge when we saw he was at Big Ed's.

Matt said...

CLEARLY someone is just jealous of all my badges!!! And it's not a game, it's social networking with rewards.

Jennifer Ezell said...

haha this is hilarious! I hate that I missed eating with ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I was so sad that we couldn't join you last night :(. I don't mind missing the nerdy stuff though hehe. It was my first night back at Bible study, so I really couldn't skip it! But if you love that place, you should come back up this way another time so we can get together! ~Jess