Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Days Drifting Away...

Summer is awesome! I love the lack of schedule and just the relaxed days. We have had a great day today. I got up early and started the weekly laundry (always exciting). Then this morning we headed off to the pool for a couple of hours! Ben is doing so good with his swimming. He is jumping into the pool and swimming a little bit. He is definitely more comfortable with the water. Kate is loving just being in the water. She likes her little whale float. She can touch the bottom in the baby pool so today she was scooting herself all around and trying to get in with the bigger kids. She thinks she is about 3. It is an interesting adventure to take a 3 year old and 7 month old to the pool by myself but I manage. We are getting into a routine with it so that is good. I don't know if I will ever manage to take any pictures at the pool as I am always busy with someone in my arms!

This afternoon everyone took a nap at the same time. I think that is about the second time that has happened since Kate has been born. The naps for Ben are a wonderful side effect of the pool. Tonight after dinner we went on a family trip to get some ice cream at Coldstone! Nothing like some ice cream on a hot summer day! Such fun!!!

0 comments: