Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life Interrupted

So I mentioned briefly in the last post that Ben had a really short lived stomach bug of some sort on Sunday. We really didn't think to much of it until Monday night when Matt got violently ill. YUCK!!!! Needless to say I sent him packing to the guest room and he was quarantined there for 12 hours. He missed work on Tuesday. It is the first time in our 7 years of marriage that he has missed work due to being sick. He usually just grins and bears it but he was so sick that he couldn't even get out of bed. I went through an entire can of Lysol and cleaned the house top to bottom. Kate and I were not going to get sick!!!!

Tuesday was going to be a great day for us. The kids and I were supposed to head down to Birmingham for Ben's eye appointment and then lunch with my awesome friend Lisa. We were so excited. We had to cancel it all. I just knew either Kate or I would get sick on the drive and that just didn't sound like fun. So we just stayed home. Nothing like a busy fun week being all messed up by a stomach bug. Knock on wood - neither Kate nor I have gotten sick!!! Praise the Lord. There is nothing worse than a stomach bug with a 6 month old.

Today was recovery mode. Matt went back to work and is feeling much better. I had 3 patients scheduled so I went to work all the while praying I wouldn't get sick. All was well. I think the kiddos are ready to get out and about some. Such a fun week so crazily interrupted. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal!

I finally got a good picture of Ben. He is so hard to photograph these days. This is a natural (not fake) smile. For Christmas my parents gave Kate an awesome 1st dollhouse. We got it out today and were playing with it. Both Ben and Kate enjoyed it. These will be pictures to blackmail Ben with one day!
Kate and her Pebbles hair. I have to do something to get it out of her eyes when she is playing!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Great picture of Ben! Hope everyone is well in your house now!

AuJenzy said...

such cute pictures! great work with the camera emily! (of course you do have adorable children, so that helps too!)