Friday, June 11, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

I spoke way too soon in my last post saying I thought we might have finally finished with the stomach bug. Not so much!! I woke up really sick yesterday (Thursday) morning. Rough day trying to take care of 2 kiddos while being so sick (it very quickly reminded me why I believe we are done having kids - I don't do pregnant well and I am not going through that with 2 kids). Kate also got sick once yesterday morning but did pretty well the rest of the day. So we somehow managed to make it through the day. I am really not sure how we did it but we did!

Kate woke up early this morning at around 4:45 and Matt went into get her and called for me to come. She had thrown up sometime during the night all in her bed and had slept in it. Needless to say she got a bath at 5 am! She has been fine so far today. Hopefully this is it!!! Everyone has now been sick!!! I am ready to be done with this. It has been the longest week ever. We really haven't done anything because someone has been sick or about to be sick all week. For this extrovert it has been really hard. I have also washed more sheets than I probably have all year. Not fun!! I am looking forward to getting my house back in some sort of order.

This weekend was supposed to be a relaxing one for us. Our anniversary is Monday so Ben is spending the weekend at Mema and Opa's house. We will just have Kate. Tomorrow night Aunts and Uncles are coming over to watch her so we can go out. YEA!!!! All this is if everyone is well and stays well.

I do have a question - Why is it that we will go several weekends where we don't have much going on then all the sudden one weekend will have like 10 things. We had planned a while back for this weekend to be low key and for us to celebrate our anniversary and for Ben to go to the grandparent's house. Well then he gets invited to 2 birthday parties and we have a going away party. Really 1 weekend with too much going on! I hate we will have to miss it all but we are sticking with our original plan (well plus we might still be germy). It just frustrates me that things all fall on the same weekend. Oh well that is life!!

Here is Ben in Opa's car ready for a fun weekend!! He is going to have a blast. They have so many fun things planned for him. He won't even realize we aren't around! Does Kate look sick? Not so much!! She has been happy through it all. Notice no sheets on her bed or bumpers!

1 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I am so sorry you have all been sick! I hope everything gets back to normal this week for you! I know what you mean about everything falling on the same weekend though. Whenever you have one of those weekends just give us a holla and we can to do a low key game night!