Friday, November 18, 2011

Minnie Party Details


It is no secret that I love to plan parties. I have a blast doing it. Growing up my mom threw the best birthday parties for us each year. I have the best memories of those parties so I want to make sure my kids have awesome birthday memories as well. I have been known to go overboard with the party stuff so this year I vowed to cut back a little. So I worked really hard to have a great party but keep it fairly simple. Here are some of the fun details from the party...

The overall theme was hot pink and zebra print with the silhouette Minnie head. I wanted something fun and stylized and not over the top Minnie. I think I managed to pull it off. There is so much zebra print stuff out these days so that made it easy. I found a super cute idea for the invites on Pinterest. It was fun to actually make them. We decided to do a desert party since Kate loves sweets.
I used lots of balloons and streamers. They are so great because they are cheap but festive!
I saw this idea on a blog and just loved it. I took a frame that I already had and painted it black and added the wire. The great thing is we can use it for so many things! The frame can easily be painted to match whatever the party is.
I did a simple tablescape for the breakfast area and dinning room tables.

I bought Styrofoam balls and made these fun Minnie heads. They were simple and cheap to make!

I used the small sideboard in the dining room to hold the party gifts.

Cute sign from Kate.

Each of the little guests got a fun little purse that had a bracelet, rings, sunglasses and candy in them. They also got to pick out some fun beads to take home.

I made Minnie and Mickey ears for each little one. They were simple to make and much cheaper than buying them.

Fun sign on the front door!

And this was the desert table. I love how the backdrop turned out. I saw it on Pinterest and just had to do it!!

Pink peanut butter cookies with zebra hug centers.

The amazing cake!!!! I just love it!! A local cake shop made it and I think it turned out so cute. It is just what I wanted. I am so glad I had the cake made. It would have totally stressed me out to make it and it turned out so awesome!

Minnie Mouse cake pops. These turned out so cute. I saw these and just knew I had to try them. They were supposed to be hard to make but they weren't too bad. Kelly came over and helped me out. They were so yummy!

Zebra chocolate covered pretzels! Yum - O!




And the birthday girl in her party outfit!! Ok truth be told I planned the whole party around this outfit! I bought it from some co-workers of Matt and knew that I could plan a party around it!

Ok Matt makes some amazing balloon animals and he did not let us down for the party. Check out this awesome Minnie!! He just freestyled it and came up with this. Kate loved it!!!

Fun zebra print water bottles.

We enjoyed some fun beverages - pink milk (Kate's choice), strawberry limeade and coffee!

So those are all the fun details. The party turned out so great. Can't wait to show you all the fun we had.

4 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Adore it all!!! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything you made was so amazing!! The balloon Minnie too, the two of you are super talented :). ~Jess

Unknown said...

Awesome party! Where on pinterest did you findthe invitations?

Emily said...

http://atsecondstreet.blogspot.com/2010/04/minnie-party-how-tos-part-2.html?m=1

Here is the info on the invites.