Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pies, Showers and Air Hockey

We had a really fun but full weekend. I had a hard time coming up with a title for the weekend because it was full of a bunch of random things.

Friday night the kiddos went to stay with my parents for the night. They always love getting to stay with Granna and Grandaddy so of course they had a blast. Matt and I got to go out to dinner at a new restaurant. It was yummy. I attempted my first ever pecan pie on Friday. It was a chocolate pecan pie. Matt had been asking me to make one for several months so I figured I could give it a try. It turned our pretty well if I do say so myself.
Saturday morning I got up and headed down to Birmingham for a baby shower. It was so fun to get to celebrate my dear friend Lisa and her sweet baby girl Savannah Grace who is due to arrive in January! The shower was lots of fun and I always enjoy getting to catch up with Lisa.
After the shower I did a little shopping in Birmingham. It was a very quiet trip for me since there were no little kiddos in tow. I really missed them!

When I got back on Saturday afternoon, we headed over the Matt's parents house to celebrate Opa's birthday. We enjoyed some grilled out food and football. Matt and Aunt Judi were on opposite sides but could still hug!

Ben and Kate love playing air hockey at Mema and Opa's. Ben is actually really good at air hockey. He beat me!




This morning we enjoyed a great service at church and are now doing laundry and getting ready for the week. It is a big week - Kate's birthday!!!!!

1 comments:

The South Family said...

I always get such a kick out of watching the Morris' watch Alabama football. I'm glad you all wore your Auburn shirts proudly!