Friday, July 31, 2015

Finishing Out the Summer

We enjoyed a super relaxing last week of summer.  It was so nice to have some low key time before school started back.  We had several playdates with friends and also got to mark several things off our summer list of fun.  We went to the free movie on a rainy day.  
 My sweet college friend Lisa and her little girl came up for a visit on Thursday.  It was so much fun to get caught up with her and watch the kids play.  They had so much fun swimming.  Lisa is such a special friend and always an encouragement to me.  We are so excited about the new addition to their family in the next few months!
 We headed downtown Thursday night for the Green Street Farmers Market.  Kate was so excited that her daddy picked her out some wildflowers.  Ben picked out some okra and green tomatoes.  It was a nice night and really enjoyable to walk around the market.
 After the market we had a date night with each of the kiddos.  Ben and I went to dinner at Rosies (we share a love of all things Rosies) while Kate and Matt went to dinner at Zaxbys.  It was great to spend time with them individually before school started.
 Friday night included cooking up some of the yummy okra and green tomatoes!
 I was so excited to take Kate for her first pedicure as a special treat for heading to kindergarten.  She didn't really know what to think but I think she ended up enjoying it.  It was fun to get to spend some fun girly time with my sweet girl!

It was the perfect way to round out the summer!  It has been so much fun but I have to say this mama is really tired!!!  All the fun has worn me out.  I love being with my kids but it will be good to be back on a schedule and get back to routine.

0 comments: