Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ahhh! Sweet Rest!

Well, sweet baby Kate has done it again. She has proven how she is the most wonderful baby ever! Last night she slept "through the night." I can't believe it!! She ate around 9:30 and went down around 10 and slept until 5 this morning!! I couldn't believe it. I woke up around 2 am and checked on her to see if she was ok. I had to go stick her paci back in her mouth a couple of times because she was a little fussy but she made it that long with no food!! A big night at our house. I got some good rest. I noticed the last couple of nights that at her 2 am feeding she wasn't eating as much and was also having a hard time going back to sleep so I thought she was about ready to give it up and it looks like it worked! I am sure tonight she will be back up every 3 hours but I will take what I can get.

Ben did the same thing at 2 months but then didn't sleep through the night again until he was 2 years old so maybe she will be a little different. I have been doing really good with the lack of sleep but it sure is nice to think about getting a little more!

Here she is the most wonderful baby in the world!!
Today she was sitting with me in her room folding some clothes. Matt called and we were talking and she was making her "talking noises." I held the phone up to her ear and she got the biggest smile on her face when she heard Matt's voice. It was so sweet! She is a daddy's girl already.

She wore shoes for the first time today. I thought it was so cute so of course I had to take a picture...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sleeping through the night is such a good thing :)! Cute shoes!! -Jess

Jennifer said...

wow thats great!!! she is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Come on Kate! I felt like I couldn't tell anyone Caroline slept through the night b/c it would jinx us for the next 2 years. I love her shoes! I know you have been a champ without sleep but whoa, sleeping through the night is #1!

Jamye said...

Can you send Kate to talk to Morgan when she gets here? I'm not a fan of no sleep! =-)