Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Game Has Started

If you remember, I said my "thing" the year is couponing. I started last night on my adventures in couponing. I am looking on it as a game to see how much money I can save. So far it has been interesting.

Last night I went to Publix with Ben. We have always enjoyed grocery store time together and now we are doing it at night since Kate is around. I had all my coupons clipped and coordinated with the sales that were going on at Publix. When it was all said and done I saved $31.31. I thought that was pretty good.

Today after I took Ben to school Kate and I went to CVS for our next adventure. This is a little more challenging because they have these Extra Care Bucks that you have account for and be savvy about. But I have heard that you can go to CVS and get a whole bunch of stuff and never pay anything. It didn't work out quite that well for me today but I did get some good deals. I spent $65 but I also saved $65 in coupons and sales. I thought that was pretty good. I even have $5 in bucks for next weeks trip.

So overall week 1 was a success. I will look forward to trying this some more and making it a game to see if I can get better at it!

Here is what I got at CVS. Lots of good stuff for not to much!
And I know you guys don't read the blog for boring posts about shopping so here is a picture of Kate napping. I wore her out today running errands. This week has been the first week I have taken her out. She seems to enjoy getting out and about!


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

good job Emily! It will start to get easier and easier as you get used to it!!!!
Love the sleeping Kate picture! She is just adorable and I love all that hair!