Friday, January 29, 2010

Fun Friday Family Night

Once again the "winter weather" has hit Alabama (and I use the term loosely). It sleeted some today so of course the panic was on. I had to pick Ben up early from school for no real good reason. Oh well. The good thing about it was that my Girl's Night Out was cancelled so we stayed home and hung out as a family. Our life has been so busy lately that it was really nice to just hang together. I cooked a big pot of soup (even though it didn't snow it is still cold!). Then we played some Wii together and did some baking.

Ben played the Wii for the first time. He did awesome and really enjoyed it. I love that we can now involve him in some fun things that we can all do. Here he is bowling.


On his very first game by himself he bowled over 100 and almost beat mommy if you notice. Daddy and Ben did some boxing!

Check out those boxing moves!


Kate enjoyed taking it all in. I have so been wanting to get a picture of her smiling. I came really close tonight...

Then we did some cookie baking. Matt and I have been doing awesome all month eating healthy and working out. We have both lost over 10 pounds so we thought we would "reward" ourselves with some cookies. They were low fat oatmeal cookies so we didn't do too bad. Ben loves to help with the baking. Or actually the cookie dough tasting.


Note he is covered from head to toe in dough and flour.

Sneaking some dough!

It was a great night together for the 4 of us. I am glad for the winter weather so we could have this time!

0 comments: