Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's a Jungle Out There

Right before Kate was born, I decided that I wanted to redo the jack-and-jill bath that connects Kate and Ben's rooms. I had never really done much in the bathroom. I was using the shower curtain I had in college (yep Jamye the one we used for a couple of years). Ben was still just using his baby towels. I wanted to update the bathroom to a fun kid design that would work for both boys and girls and I wanted something that would grow with them.

Pottery Barn Kids had an awesome set that had the colors I wanted and would work for both. Yes I know this is part of my quest to turn my entire house into the Pottery Barn catalog. In Sunday School a few weeks ago, our teacher was talking about your rewards in heaven and my friend Jessica said my mansion was going to be the Pottery Barn catalog. Sounds good to me!! So I ordered the shower curtain and towels from Pottery Barn Kids and have been working over the last couple of weeks to get it all put together. I think it turned out pretty cute. I was also trying to find something that would look good with the blue walls.

Here it is... It is a fun jungle themed room. I still can't decide on the bath mats. I really want the ones from Pottery Barn but they are expensive so I am waiting until they go on sale.
Their cute towels with their names on them. These will probably just be for display. I added a cute wall saying I got at Hobby Lobby!

I found these super cute accessories at Target online but of course they were sold out so I ended up getting them on ebay! Love them!
I got these super cute pictures to match on ebay as well. I then mounted them onto canvas and added ribbon! They turned out cute and perfect for the small bathroom.

I got 2 sets of towels for the kiddos to use at Target. I love the pink and blue and how well it works together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!! The towels are TOO cute! I've always loved how Target things work well with PB stuff. ~Jess

Jamye said...

I love it! We're moving at the end of February. Can you come decorate my house too?! =-)
Oh, and if it makes you feel better, I'm still using TONS of stuff from college including the Tigger hot pad! Now THAT'S just sad!

Jennifer said...

fun, fun! love the way it looks!!!