Monday, July 26, 2010

Crazy Weekend

We survived another crazy weekend around the Eckley household. They are never boring that is for sure. Maybe sometime soon it will be relaxing. Friday night I taught my class on tablescapes at Girl's Night Out. It went well and I enjoyed some fun time out with my friends Kim and Jessica. Matt was looking forward to an evening with the kiddos Friday but we got a call Friday afternoon that they were taking his dad to the hospital because he was really confused. We were worried it was a stroke. He had been working outside all day so we didn't know if it was heat related. Turns out he had a blood sugar of over 900 and was in a diabetic crisis exacerbated by dehydration. So Matt had to rush to the hospital to be with his family. Thankfully my parents were able to watch Ben and Kate (thanks Mom and Dad!!) so I could still give my class. Matt's dad spent the weekend in the hospital but is home now. Be praying for him as he recovers and deals with his new life as a diabetic. That through our weekend a bit off but all was good.

Saturday Matt spent some time at the hospital while the kids and I played. We had fun. Then that afternoon I went on my first Craigs list buying adventure. I had decided I wanted at wooden high chair to do a special project for Kate's birthday party. I found a great one on Craigs List so my mom and I drove to Somerville (about 45 minutes away) to get it. Here it is...

This is the before. I can't wait to work on it this week and show you the after pictures!!!

Saturday evening we went to dinner as a family and then to Toys R Us. We had promised Ben he could pick out a toy because he is fully potty trained. So we let him have free reign of TRU. I was sort of scared of what he would pick. After an hour of looking he decided on these...

Yep of all the toys in the store he picked these little Phineus and Ferb action figures. He has only seen the Disney show a couple of times but loves it and this is what he wanted. It was on clearance and with my reward dollars it was $2.50. Not bad!!

Sunday was a fun church day. We kept the nursery in the morning and then enjoyed lunch with friends. Last night our church was hosting Travis Cottrell in concert. It was awesome!!!!!! Such an amazing time of worship. It has been a long time since I have worshiped like that. We brought Ben with us to the concert. He did awesome. He loved the music and clapping his hands. He had the biggest smile on his face the whole time. He told us he loved singing about Jesus. How precious. Seeing him worship in his little 3 year old way is something I will never forget.

Now we are on to Monday! I had to work all this morning so we are off to a slow start to the week. Hopefully this week will be a little more low key. I am hoping for some quiet days at home. We will see if that happens. Lots to do to get ready for school in a couple of weeks.