Saturday, July 3, 2010

Prepping for the 4th!

I love the 4th of July!! I don't know there is just something about it that is so much fun. I guess because it is the only holiday in the summer and it is different from all the other holidays. I have so many good memories as a kid of 4th of July parties in our backyard with friends. There was always good food and games for the kids (I specifically remember the slip n slide). Such fun times!

We didn't really have any plans for the 4th at the beginning of the week and I had talked to several of our friends that didn't have any plans either. So a party was born. I am so excited. You know how much I love to throw a party! Today we have spent the day getting ready. Cleaning up the outside, running errands and cooking. Fun stuff!! I can't wait until tomorrow!!!! There will be a slip n slide and good food so I am thinking git is going to be great!!

Ben had to check out the pool today to make sure it was ready!
Matt spent the morning cleaning up our back patio
I went a little overboard on decorations. I didn't have any 4th of July decor so I needed some!
Kate loved hanging out and watching us all work. I also went overboard on outfits for her for the 4th. She has 3 that are very "Americana" and several more that would work for the holiday. So needless to say she will be sporting several different outfits over the next several days!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had soooo much fun! Thanks for throwing such a great party :)! ~Jess