Thursday, July 8, 2010

What's for Dinner?

I have to admit I am struggling this summer. I have been terrible when it comes to making dinner. For years every Sunday night I have planned our our meals for the week and then go grocery shopping on Monday. I don't know what my problem is but I just can't get it together this summer. Maybe it is because I am hot or because our schedule has been so crazy. Who knows but all I know is that I have been so lazy when it comes to meals and grocery shopping. It has now been 2 weeks since I have been major grocery shopping (I did go get what I needed for our party and did my coupon shopping for last week but not really to buy everyday food). So this is what our dinner looked like last night... How lazy is hot dogs!! I really do need to get some motivation. Does anyone out there have some good suggestions of easy summer meals? Or a website that is good? I promise family I will do better next week...

In other news - We have had a great day. This morning the Deree, the women's ministry coordinator at our church, came over for us to work on some details for Bible studies. I am "in charge" of all the women's Bible studies at our church. It is a very big undertaking as we go to a big church with lots of women. So we have be prepping for 6 months for our fall studies and now we are on the final push. I am super excited about our studies for the fall. So Deree and I worked for a couple of hours on getting everything worked out. Then this afternoon Ben was supposed to have swimming lessons but they were cancelled at the last minute (after we had driven over the mountain for them - oh well). So we went to the library instead. Good outing! Now we are gearing up for a super fun day tomorrow!!! I am so excited to get to spend the day with my college friend Lisa down in Birmingham. Pictures to come of our Fun Friday Outing.


Just a picture of my cutie!

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Girl, I am right there with ya on the meals! I have been so lazy! It has been weird not seeing you this week so far:), micah keeps asking where Ben is!

Anonymous said...

Great Ben pic :)! Can I just say what a relief it is to learn that even nutritionists sometimes serve hot dogs and beans for supper :). I am sooo with you on the meals... no suggestions here lol! ~Jess