Friday, February 25, 2011

Flashback Friday - Toomer's Edition

I am sure most of you have heard about the terrible thing that happened to the Toomers Corner oak trees. It has made us sick!! Really both Matt and I got tears in our eyes when we first heard about it. So sad! Sad because of all the great memories that are tied up in those trees. Man do we have some memories. I remember rolling it in college after we beat #1 Florida!! There was a big win over Georgia that was a blast as well. Those are my college memories that someone had to go and ruin.

The day it hit the news I got text and emails from Alabama fan friends telling me they were so sorry. I do not hold any ill will against any Alabama fans!! Don't worry I am not out to get you guys. It was one crazy person that did this. It is so sad that one person can ruin something so wonderful for thousands and thousands of people! The saddest part is that my children are not going to have the wonderful memories that I do of rolling Toomers. When we tell them about the Toomers tradition it will only be a memory - a wonderful memory!

These are just trees. There is no eternal significance to them and so I am not mad but I am sad. But I do have the memories!!
The great thing for us is that we have a Toomers seedling planted in our yard!! Our very own Toomers. We can continue to roll and celebrate Auburn wins in our own backyard.

0 comments: