Monday, February 28, 2011

Remembering

I guess the fact that my little man is turning 4 tomorrow has put me into a reminiscing mood. I can't believe it has been 4 whole years. Amazing!! It has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday we were making the decision to go ahead and induce the little guy. I remember thinking on February 28,2007 that this was my last day not to be a mommy. So crazy!! Here I am 4 years later loving every minute of motherhood. So this is what I looked like 4 years ago today... Large!!
Today has been rainy and stormy. Just like the day Ben was born. It was the day of the huge tornado in Enterprise Alabama. In fact while Ben was being born (yes as I was pushing) our county was under a tornado warning. It was crazy outside! My dad took this picture of the weather right as Ben was born.

Our first picture as a family of 3!!

I know I am biased but he was the most beautiful baby!!

I just love this picture. It was taken when Ben was about 16 hours old. He and I just locked eyes and you can see the love!!

That little guy has rocked my world in such an amazing way!! I knew I would love being a mom but I had no idea how much. The love that I have for him and Kate surpasses anything I have ever known. Every minute I get to spend with them is a joy. I am so thankful to God for gifting them to me! I guess I am just sappy today but such great memories!
As we get ready to celebrate birthday number 4 it makes me smile to think about celebrating all his previous birthdays...
Frogs!
Trains!
Construction!
Such fun!! I love every minute of getting to watch him grow up. Each new stage is so wonderful. He is the sweetest little guy! I look forward to making so many more new and wonderful memories.

1 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Ahh, Happy Early Birthday Ben!!! I remember the day he was born too!! Lots of hugs, kisses, and love from Brad, LeeAnn and Paige!!!