Monday, February 21, 2011

What's Up In Our World

Really not too much up around here. We got back into our normal routine today. With all the snow days that we had in January school was in session on the holiday which was fine with me!!

We had a pretty good weekend. Ben finally went back to school on Friday but they called me saying that he was crying saying his ear hurt. So I finally took him to the doctor (he hasn't been for a sick visit in probably almost 3 years). The doctor was really concerned because he was wheezing so bad. He had pretty severe bronchitis but no ear infection (don't know what the ear pain was about). It is all from the nasty sinus stuff he had. I felt so bad for him. But he got an antibiotic and steriod and is finally doing much better!! Both he and Kate spent Friday night at Mema and Opa's house! I know they had a great time. Ben got to do some golfing which he was excited about of course!! Matt and I enjoyed dinner out and doing some shopping for a little boy who will be 4 (yes 4 - I can't believe it) next week!!!!!

Saturday I got to go to a baby shower for my wonderful friend Krissy. I am so excited that little Ellery will be here in a few short weeks!! It was so much fun to see all that pretty pink stuff!! Saturday night we went over to Kelly and Andrew's house for a game night. Kelly did the most amazing game night spread. It was so cute. I wish I had taken a picture. It looked like it was straight out of a magazine. We also worked on our Alaska trip. It is going to be so much fun!! I didn't take a single picture all weekend. I sure wish I had. So you will have to live with a couple cute ones from today!

Here is my little almost 4 year old. He loves to play with all his action figures!! Don't you just love the big stain of juice down his shirt. A funny for him from today... I asked him if he wanted some juice for lunch. He said "No. Mrs. Teague said juice is not good for you." I don't know why that made me laugh. I guess it is because I spend my days at work telling parents that juice is not good for kids and my own kid has to tell me!! But just so you know they don't get real juice. It is 90% water with a splash of juice. A bottle of juice will last 2-3 weeks in our house.

And my sweet walking girl!! She has really taken off in the last few days. She can now get up from the floor and start walking without holding onto everything. She actually wants to do it now!!

0 comments: