Friday, February 4, 2011

Sibling Love

I was talking to a friend today that just found out that they are having their second baby. It was fun to talk about how exciting it is and how life will change as a family of 4. We were also talking about if we thought it would be a boy or a girl. They have a little boy already just like us. I have to admit that I was so excited to find out we were having a girl but also a little scared. Not only did I not know anything about girls I didn't know how Ben and a little girl would get along. I guess I had visions of Ben and a little brother playing together all the time. I didn't know if it would be like that with a little sister.


Was I ever wrong!!!! These two love each other like crazy. So much more than I ever imagined. In the mornings if Ben wakes up first, he asks if he can go wake up Kate because he is ready to play with her. He loves to have her around. He loves to dance with her. He will hold her hands and they will twirl and dance around the living room. When he is at school, Kate gets all fussy. When I tell her it is time to go get Ben she starts squealing and yells BaBaBa (what she calls Ben)! They just love to be around each other. I mean there are times that both of them get mad at the other one for getting into their stuff. Just this week Kate hit Ben for taking a book from her (the girl can hold her own). But overall they have the best relationship. It is so sweet to see. I feel so blessed.


Ben's teacher was telling me that on Wednesday Kate's class was in the buggy on a ride and they rode past Ben's class in the hall. Ben started jumping up and down telling the kids in the class "that's my sister!!" She said Kate started laughing and squealing as well. She said you could just see the love between them. My prayer is that they never lose that. I know there will be times they fight and times they can't stand each other. But I pray that there will always be a deep abiding love between them.


0 comments: