Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Mommy & Ben Day

Ben and I had a really special day today. It is not often that I get to hang out with just me and my little man but today we did. He has been a little under the weather the last few days. Anytime we have a big change in weather he gets bad sinus issues. He developed a cough a few days ago that is horrible! Seriously never heard a cough this bad. He has also had a low grade fever for a day or so. Nothing terrible or contagious just sinus stuff. That being said he couldn't go to school today (I try really hard not to expose others when we have sick kids). Kate was at school. I had to cancel my work appointments for the day so I figured we would make the best of it. We had the best time together.

First stop was Target. He looked at toys and made a birthday list. That is every kid's dream right?? Then we went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things for his birthday party. We also headed to my favorite consignment store that was having a clearance sale. I got lots of great clothes for the kids. Ben is the best kid ever to take on errands. He loves to go places and is so well behaved. It is fun to have him along!!
We also got to have lunch together at Five Guys. This is a horrible picture of me but great of Ben and we were having too much fun not to share.

We had a great time. It was fun to just get to chat with him and hear his thoughts without him having to yell over Kate (she is really loud).
Speaking of Kate. Couldn't leave her out. She is a sweetie. She had a great day at school. Her favorite thing to do right now is to read books. I lost her in the house yesterday and I found her in her room looking through books. She stayed in there doing that for about 45 minutes. She just loves them!!

0 comments: