Friday, August 5, 2011

Back to School

I CANNOT believe it is already time to go back to school. It feels like summer just started. I am not ready!! I enjoy the lazy days of sleeping in. Oh well. Here it comes. I don't have a choice. It will be good to get back on a set schedule. I will also be able to work more consistent hours which will be great.

We have been getting ready over the last few days for heading back to school on Monday. Backpacks are ready and supplies are bought. Today we got to go meet the kid's teachers during open house. They are going to a new school this year so it was all new and exciting. They were both ready to go check out the new school...
Kate LOVED her classroom. She ran right in and didn't look back. She is going to have a blast. I am excited that she is going 2 days a week.
Her teacher is Mrs. Patty. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about her!! She even teaches the kids Spanish.

Ben was a little more nervous and timid. He has been at the same school (which is also our church) for the past 4 years. So this is a big move for him. I have never seen him so shy as he was walking into the classroom. He did go up and introduce himself to the teacher which I thought was so big of him. He was hanging back until another little boy invited him to come read with him and off they ran. They started giggling and having a great time. He got so excited after that!

His pre-K teacher is Mrs. Jenerick. It is going to be a busy year for them. They are going to learn ALOT. I am excited for him. I can't believe that he will be going to kindergarten next year!!

We are going to try to enjoy our last weekend of summer before real life hits on Monday and we are up early going everyday!

0 comments: