Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthdays When You Get Older!

Today is the most amazing man in the whole world's birthday!! My sweet Matt is celebrating is 32nd birthday. I remember his 16th birthday so I guess that means I have known him for half his life. I hope he has enjoyed this half of his life as much as I have. He really is the most wonderful guy. I feel so blessed to be able to call him husband and the father of my children.

When you get older birthdays just aren't that exciting. Everyone has to go to work and school. Ben had his first soccer practice. Life just keeps going on. The kids and I did put up the birthday banner. I cooked his favorite dinner (baked spaghetti) and make a red velvet cake for him. We even got him a few presents. Ok so they were really not that exciting. It was a dress shirt and tie. He seemed to like it (as much as you can like a shirt and tie).
He also gave me a list of some books that he wanted so I got him those. A book on the history of cancer and the Rwanda genocide. He is such a nerd!
Birthdays are just not that exciting as we get older!! I do hope he knows how special he is and how much we love him. Happy Birthday Matt!!!!

0 comments: