Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dining Room Update

When we were building our house, we went to Venice Italy on vacation. We found this beautiful Venetian glass vase. I knew that I wanted to plan our dining room around the colors in the vase. So we painted the room a beautiful limey green (Sherwin Williams Shagreen) and got red curtains and chairs. It looked nice but never quite pulled together. I have never really liked the room. I knew it needed something more. Something to really pull it together. I have been looking for a rug for the past 4 1/2 years. I wanted something fun and with bright colors. I didn't want a rug that looked like "old people." We are young and I wanted something fun and young!

I finally found it this weekend. At my favorite store - Home Goods!! Love that store! And it was a wonderful price at $299. I was so excited. I got it home and unrolled and it looks amazing. Really warms up the room and pulls it together. The room is finally looking like a finished dining room.

The picture does not do the wall color justice. It is a beautiful limey green. Don't you just love the rug. So fun!!!


I just love impromptu decoration projects. I did not go looking for a rug but was so excited to finally find it! Now onto my next big project... breakfast room.

0 comments: