Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crafting (Pinterest Obsession)

I have jumped on the latest online bandwagon of Pinterest. It is just slightly obsessive. All it is is a place for you to bookmark cute ideas. Whether it be clothes, books, decorating, crafts or food. It is awesome! I could spend hours just looking around at all the cute stuff. I guess it has inspired me to be crafty as well! I have made several neat crafts over the last few weeks...

First up was the Auburn wreath. This idea actually didn't come from Pinterest. Kelly and I saw it hanging on some one's door back in the spring and we just had to have it!! So Kelly made up one and I copied it. We had a super fun crafting night last week. They turned out super cute!! I even made an Alabama one for my mother-in-law for her birthday. It was made with lots of love!
Side by side! We have gotten lots of interest from people in wanting them so Kelly and thought about making a bunch up to sell. How much would you be willing to pay for them?

Craft project #2 - I made this super simple memo board for my kitchen. All it is is a frame I bought at Hobby Lobby with a piece of scrapbook paper. You can write on the glass with a dry erase marker. So easy!! But so cute. I plan on using it to write messages and menus and such!

The next crafty project I did was for the kid's teachers on the first day of school. I wanted to send something fun for them (and to get on their good side). I saw this great idea on pinterest and just had to copy it!


I dipped some fortune cookies in chocolate...

Made up the boxes...

And it was the perfect little gift for the first day.

The final project I did was something I made for my mom for her birthday. I saw this super cute saying on pinterest and knew I had to make it for my mom! I just used some of digital scrapbooking stuff and made up a cute card in photoshop. I framed it in a cream frame and it was the cutest present.

I just love all the crafts! I think I may need some help with the pinterest obsession!

3 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Hello. My name is Katy and I am addicted to Pinterest! :) i agree about how inspiring it is, but haven't done anything...yet!

I love the wreath and my cheap side would wish you'd charge $20, but I bet craft show people would price $25-30.

Btw...most if the crafts I've pinned have been wreaths! They help create such a welcomed feel to any home!

Cabra said...

Okay, your post finally made me break down and jump on board. Very neat stuff! I know it'll be addicting! As if I have time for this!!!

You could probablysell those wreaths for at least $30 but $50 would probably make it feel more worth your time and effort!

Jess G said...

Love all these ideas, and I pinned your crafty "white board" :)! These wreaths are great - almost makes me want to start watching football lol!