Monday, January 30, 2012

New Stuff Around the House

Over the weekend we did a few things around the house that I just have to share...

I am so excited that the breakfast room is finally finished!! It has been about a year long process but it is finally done! And I LOVE how it turned out. I am so excited to finally have a fun breakfast room with lots of color. We painted 3 of the walls a very neutral cream color (Navajo White - Sherwin Williams) and then painted an accent wall a super fun apple green (Sassy Green - Sherwin Williams).
I have been struggling for several months with what to put on the wall. I saw this clock on HGTV and knew that it would be great for the space. I bought it on etsy and am so happy with it! It is fun and spunky. It completes the room.

My mom and I designed the curtain and she sewed it. It turned out so pretty!
My favorite part is the fun fringe!
I painted the bench at the table the same color as the wall. My grandfather made this bench in the 1950's. My mom and her siblings sat on it. Then my brother and I sat on it. Now my sweet kiddos get to sit on it. It makes it very special.
I am still loving my redone hutch (thanks Katy)!
So glad to have the breakfast room done so we can enjoy it!
I also did a simple update in our bedroom. I have never liked the pictures over our bed so I did some rearranging. I moved all the wedding pictures to one side.
And added some pictures of the kids on the other side. I have had this canvas of Ben since his 2 year portraits and never put it up. I just ordered a large canvas of the kids from Easter. I got it on sale at Winkflash and it turned out great! I have a spot for Kate's 2 year portrait (when I get it done). It is great to have some fun new pictures up!

2 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Love the nook! Glad you got it done!!!

Jess said...

Everything looks awesome! You have inspired me :)! Plus your photos look so amazing, the combo of your new lens and the class?