Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Love Story in Black and White

I was working on another organizing project today and I came across a box of letters from the love of my life. Matt and I met when we were 14 and 16 years old. Our relationship started by passing notes in the halls of high school. I will never forget that day when he handed me a note. I liked him so much but I didn't know what he thought about me. Although the note was really about nothing more than school and band, it was the beginning of something great!

I have an entire rubbermaid box full of notes and cards like this. Through these notes you can see our relationship grow from friends to dating to love. Now looking at our life together - married, 2 kids and so much more - I just can't believe it. It really is something special. I often say the way our story played out is maybe not how I would have scripted it. I mean who really wants to meet the love of their life when they are 14 but God had a bigger and better plan than I could have ever imagined and I would not change a thing!
Matt is an amazing writer and some of the thoughts and things he wrote down still blow me away today. I don't know what exactly to do with all of them but I do know I will keep them forever. That is a big deal for this girl who gets rid of everything! I guess one day Ben and Kate will look through them and I hope it will provide them a legacy of our love.
Also in the box were some really bad 90's pictures of us. Really sometimes I wonder how we were ever that dorky!

2 comments:

Jess said...

That is so sweet Emily! I could have totally written this post about Chris and myself :). If I go looking for something and find one of our old boxes of letters a whole hour can go by while I read them and look at the great pics from the 90s LOL!

College Dating said...

The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by yoour love story. :') God bless the both of you.