Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We Might Just Make It Afterall...

So real life is finally hitting this week. Matt was home the first week Kate was home and then I have had some help the other 2 weeks from my mother in law and dad. They were great to come over and watch the kiddos when I needed to run some errands and to take Ben to school. We have also had friends bringing us food every other day since we came home which has been WONDERFUL!!! This week I have been on my own. And so far we are surviving (although I have no idea what we are going to eat for dinner tonight)!!

I had no idea how much time it would take up just to get all 3 of us ready to go out. Adding another person in the mix is really throwing me off. We haven't really gotten out much with Kate other than doctor's appointments. They told us not to get her out much this winter because of all the illnesses out there so we have been really careful. Our parents have been great to help out so we can go out on a couple of dates and to church. On Saturday Miss Kate made her debut to the world. We took her to Panera for the first time! I wish we had a picture to document that big day but I am also learning why there are never any pictures of second children. There is no time to take pictures. We were so busy trying to get both kiddos inside Panera and fed and keep everyone happy that my good intentions of taking a picture were totally lost. I always swore I would take lots of pictures of my second child but I am already falling way behind on that! This morning was my first time to venture out with both of the kids alone! We went to get Ben a haircut. He was looking like a shaggy dog so it was needed. We made it!! It took quite a while to get us all out the door but we were on time (2 minutes early to be exact!) I am proud of myself although the outing did wear me out!! I think I am starting to get the hang of this. Ask me again on Friday how I am doing and it might be a different story.

Here they are all ready to go get a haircut!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

glad you are making it work!! i am sure its an adjustment going from 1 to 2, but we never had the chance to make that adjustment...however, i am starting to panic thinking about going from 2 to 3! i had the boys out running errands yesterday (and getting haircuts! ha) and i was thinking, 'how am i going to do this with 3?'! i am sure we will find a way! glad kate is going well!