Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"No Snow" Day

So for about the past week they have been predicting another snow even for us this week. We are so sick of snow. I mean we usually only get snow about every 5 years and that is just a little. About every 20 years we get a big snow and that is good for us. This winter we have already had 2 big snows and a couple of other small snows. We discussed needing to start name them with letters like hurricanes to keep them all straight. When they started talking 7-12 inches I was dreading it! They did bring the prediction down to 2-4 inches but even that is enough to close schools for several days. And they did delay schools starting yesterday. So I woke up with dread this morning to see what was outside. And I saw this wonderful sight... NO SNOW!!! Happy Day!!!! That meant the kids got to go to school!!! They were excited to go.
And I was excited to send them. I really do think this was the first Wednesday (the only day that they are both in school) that I have not had to go into work! It was great to drop them off and come back home. I got to do my Bible Study in quiet. Then clean my dirty house! It was great. I even got to eat lunch in silence. Then it was time to pick them up and the house was full of screams, laughter and chatter once again. That is also so wonderful!!!

0 comments: