Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We Are The Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it!!!! We won!!!! We are the National Champions!!! It was an amazing game. In true Auburn fashion it came down to a last second field goal. 22-19!!! Really I don't think I can put into words how awesome it was. I don't know if I ever thought we would win. It was just wonderful. I still don't think it has sunk in. Definitely a memory for a lifetime.

We had a great time watching the game. Matt was able to make it home thankfully! My parents were also able to come over so that was fun. We had simple food. I don't think any of us could eat too much. We were too nervous. I did make some yummy buffalo chicken dip!
The kids had fun playing before the game and leading us in cheers. They both went to bed right after the game started so we could watch in peace!

We were one excited family!!
I could barely watch the game. I played solitaire on my phone the whole time to keep from going crazy. My heart was racing for 4 hours. And when we won I am pretty sure I cried. My dad hugged my mom so hard we think he broke a rib!! It was amazing!!! Of course we had to do a little rolling. We headed out to our Toomer's Corner Oak. It was covered in snow but we had to do it.
When we bought the tree it came with a roll of Auburn toilet paper and we had never used it. Seemed like this was the perfect opportunity. Yes in 7 inches of snow at 11:30 pm we were rolling a tree!! But what else are you supposed to do???
War Eagle!!! #1!!!!!
It was fun to get to tell Ben this morning that they won the trophy. He was so excited!! I really do think it will go down as one of the best days ever!!!

1 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

I love your enthusiasm, Emily! Your stories had me laughing out loud! Congrats on the win…