Monday, January 17, 2011

A Weekend of Deals

One thing that is awesome about January is getting to use all of the gift cards you get for Christmas. I really think we spend less money during January because we have so many gift cards to spend. It is awesome!! This weekend was a weekend of deals and great buys...

Friday night Matt and I got to go on a date night! Super fun as always. We are going to try to be intentional this year and do one per month. We went to dinner at Outback (used a gift card) and then to the movies (used a gift card). So it was a free date!! The best kind! We saw The King's Speech. It was an amazing movie. I would highly recommend it. We normally don't see R rated movies but we had heard this one was good. There are some times where the language is bad but it is very short and did not bother me. Other than that it could have been rated G. You should go see it!

Saturday morning I did something I have never done in the 4 years we have lived in our house. I moved all the furniture and mopped all the hardwood floors. Mopping my hardwoods is my least favorite job. We just have a bunch and it is hard work. So I put it off as long as possible. I figured I might as well do it right this time. I always enjoy how nice they look (for about 10 minutes until someone spills something on them). Ben had fun laying on the coffee table while I mopped.

We then hit some great deals! Old Navy had their winter stuff on major clearance. I got 26 items for $40 (after gift cards and discounts)!!!! That is less than $2 per item. I got 7 pairs of pants, 11 shirts, 5 pairs of PJs, 2 jackets, 1 hat set and 3 pairs of socks. Tons of great stuff for next winter!! I was so excited. I love a great deal.
I had also been looking for a big mirror to lean up against an empty wall in our room. I came across this awesome mirror at Kirklands on clearance. It was regularly $199 and I paid $75!!!! It looks great in our room.

I also got lots of Pottery Barn gift cards for Christmas (my favorite!!!). I found this awesome bench on clearance. We don't really have room for a traditional "mud room" at our back door. I had the hook rack hanging for a while but needed a place for the kids to sit and put on/take off shoes. This bench works perfect in the space! I was so excited.
We ate out a couple of other times on gift cards as well. Can I just say I love gift cards!! I had to share this picture of Kate. Yesterday after church, we went to lunch with some friends. Kate discovered that she could dip her paci right into the salsa and it it much easier than using a chip. It cracked us all up!
Nothing better than a fun weekend and great deals!! Happy Monday! It is full of lots of laundry and trips to the store.

0 comments: