Monday, September 26, 2011

Awesome Weekend!!

It was an awesome weekend for everyone in the Eckley family! I had the privilege of getting to go down to Birmingham to the .MOM conference with 4 of my awesome friends. We had a blast. The conference was amazing. 1400 moms there just learning about how to be better moms and how to teach our children to love Jesus. It was great!! We heard some amazing speakers and I learned so much. I was so excited to see some of my favorite blogging moms there. I sat in on a panel discussion with Pricsilla Shierer (yes the one and only), Amanda Jones (Beth Moore's daughter), Angela Cotrell (Travis' wife) and Sophie (better known in the blogging world as BooMama). It was awesome. Here they are! My favorite speaker by far was Angie Smith. Her testimony was amazing and she was so funny. I left so challenged to want more and better things for my family. Everything about the conference was just amazing. I can't wait to put it all into practice. One of the funniest moments at the conference was getting to see the Duggar Family. Yes the 19 Kids and Counting family. They were there. It was kind of crazy. Made me laugh. They took up about 2-3 rows just for them.
I had a blast. Thanks Hannah, Hollie, Kelly and Jessica for going with me. I hate I didn't get a picture with all of us. We had so much fun!

Well back at home the rest of the Eckleys had a great weekend as well. They packed alot in! Mema and Opa kept the kiddos after school on Friday and they had a great time at their house. Saturday morning Ben had a soccer game and then they went up to Buriett on the mountain with Granna and Grandaddy. They had a blast exploring and seeing a bunch of animals!



Saturday afternoon Matt was super brave and took the kiddos to the Space and Rocket Center. It was free museum day so they got in free. They had a good time (although Matt did say he was glad they didn't have to pay). This is Ben with space bacon!




I was glad to get home Saturday evening to see my sweet family! Poor Kate started running a little fever Saturday night so she and I stayed home from church yesterday. She was sort of pitiful looking yesterday but she is doing much better today!



So that is a quick recap of the awesome weekend!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds so fun!! That is so funny that you saw the Duggars...love them :)