Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More Pinterest Love


Before I start the post, I have to put some pictures up of post bath cuteness...

So I am still loving Pinterest. It is just full of so many great ideas! It inspires me to be more crafty and make things! I just love it.

So we were invited to a family friend's wedding this past weekend in Savannah (makes me feel old because Molly was the program attendant at our wedding and now she is married). We weren't able to go but I wanted to send some special gifts. On their invitation they had a cute graphic monogram. I took it and had it blown up then just framed it in a 12x12 frame. I thought it turned out super cute! This was my own idea but I am sure I was inspired by Pinterest somehow.

Also as a wedding gift for Molly I made this great Christmas ornament. It is a fun keepsake for the new couple and a good way to recycle the wedding invitations you get. I thought it turned out super cute. You can see how to make it here. I actually made one for Matt and I as well. It is something to do with that half a box of invitations we have left over. Let me know if you have any other great uses for them!

My new love on Pinterest is the food. It is an easy place to keep all my recipes I want to try. I have been trying out some new ones and so far they have all been great. For Kelly's Grandma's birthday party I was supposed to bring fruit. I didn't want to do normal old fruit so I found this awesome recipe for a fruit salsa. It was so yummy with the cinnamon chips! You can get the recipe here.

I am always looking for good crockpot recipes. I love putting dinner on at 7 am and not having to worry about it again until we are ready to eat! Tonight for dinner I made this super easy beef stroganoff. It was really yummy! You can get the recipe here.

I promise not to do too many Pinterest love posts!!

2 comments:

Nicolle said...

I think it's great to have some Pinterest posts mixed in with the day-to-day Eckley happenings! Thanks for sharing some creative ideas through the blog. While we haven't done much house decorating, one of these days reading about creative ideas will get me inspired.

I can't believe how big the kids are! It's too bad I haven't had a chance to meet them - they look so sweet. Hopefully our travels allow us to get together sometime soon!

~Nicolle

Cabra said...

I have a Pinterest craft in my post for tonight!! Something you might really like!