Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Starting Something New

Today was a big day that I have been looking forward to for quite some time. Kate and I started Bible Study Fellowship. It is an interdenominational Bible study that really focuses on getting into the Word of God and studying. I am so excited. I have wanted to do it for years but the timing has just never worked out. I go glad that everything finally fell into place and we were both able to get spots. We are studying the Acts of the Apostles which is going to be great! The really exciting part is that Kate also gets to go and be apart of the Little Lambs program. They do Bible study with the kids and teach them hymns. It is so sweet. She had a great time today and I know she is going to learn so much. The study is pretty intense and I am really going to have to stay on top of it to make sure I don't fall behind. My mom did these studies while I was growing up and I always remember seeing her deep in study. I so desire for my children to see me doing that as well. I want them to remember that mom was always in her Bible digging into what God had to say! I actually got day 1 homework done this afternoon so I am off to a good start!

2 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Girl- BSF is in my blood! My mom also did it while I was growing up and I've been in the evening class for six years and group leader for five. I had to take this year off to pursue another venture for one year (more on the later!) and it nearly broke my heart! BSF has filled my life with many friendships and much personal revival. Enjoy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to do that study for a while too! So glad you are able to do it!