Thursday, September 29, 2011

Family Worship

One of the biggest things that I was challenged with at the .mom conference last weekend was making sure that I am leaving a legacy of faith to my children. I work so hard to make sure they have all these great memories but am I really leaving them the best memories of what it means to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. So Matt and I talked about it and we decided that in order to really start being intention with teaching and leaving that legacy we were going to have a family worship night once a week. We decided on Wednesday because usually for us that is a pretty low key night. We are going to make sure that every Wednesday we get into the Bible as a family begin to uncover God's truths for us.

Last night was our first family worship night. Matt planned a great fun little activity for the kids with blocks and building. He talked about creation and how God made everything out of nothing! What a wonderful concept to learn! We did some singing together!
And we read the Bible.

And prayed.
I think I have always gotten stuck on having these great fun family devotions. That takes a lot of time. We want to just focus on getting into the Bible and learning truths from God. Our first family worship night was a huge success. I hope we begin to build those memories and a legacy of faith!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this, Emily! I really want to start something like this too. Please continue to share what you learn through the process!