Monday, February 8, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Saturday night was Kate's first night to sleep in her room and her crib. She has been sleeping in the pack and play in our room for the past 12 weeks. With Ben we had him in his crib by week 6 but for some reason I was having a hard time moving Kate. She has been so good in our room that it wasn't a big deal. I also think after her rough start I am babying her a bit more. She did great with the move. Doesn't seem to bother her at all being in that big crib! She has slept great both nights (sleeping her 6 or 7 hours) and I am adjusting to having to walk across the house to get to her. Ben didn't wake up when she cried last night so that was good. I was worried about him. She is such a big girl...


I love it when my kids reach these "milestones." To me it is not sad to see them grow. I don't get sad when they out grow clothes or do new things. I just get excited. My goal as a mom is to raise the children given to me by God to be wonderful godly adults. Each time they reach a new stage that is one step closer to my goal. This time around with Kate the anticipation of new stages is even greater because I know what to look forward to. I know how much fun it is to have a crawler and a 1 year old and a 2 year old. I am so excited to see what her little personality is going to be like. I have a clue but I can't wait to see if I am right.
Don't get me wrong I don't wish them to grow up too fast. I am also working on savoring every minute of them at each age. Right now our family feels very complete so I may never have a newborn again so I want to enjoy every minute of it!

2 comments:

Julie Rodgers said...

Look at that big girl!! She's so beautiful! I know what you mean about milestones. Why should we be sad?? I guess the whole point is to help them grow up. Enjoy those sweet growing kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, so cute! I love reading your posts because I can identify with so much you say. When I get a chance, I need to call you to chat about all the baby girl stuff and compare notes :). ~Jess