Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rainy Day Fun???

Today I had one of those total "what was I thinking" moments. All I can say was I wasn't thinking. It was pouring down rain today and really cold. So what does this insane mommy do in the rain - take both kiddos out for a "fun" day. I had gotten all the stuff I needed to done around the house so I told Ben we would go up to the church to the indoor playground and then to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Crazy idea in the rain. It took all my energy to get them both in and out of both places. At one point I dropped Ben and Kate off at the door and told Ben to watch Kate and I would go park the car. That is good - asking a 3 year old to watch the baby!

UPDATE!!!!! - I was told by my mom and husband that they were going to call DHR after reading this. So to clarify - this was at our church where there is a covered drop off area. I left them there and parked the car 50 yards away. I was gone for maybe 1 minute and could see them the whole time. I am not a bad mom don't take my children away from me!!!!!!! Yesterday evening was rough so I was stressed as I wrote this and yes it does sound bad now that I read it.

Oh well we survived and they both had a great time. I should win some sort of mother of the year award for this one! I will learn not to do non essential errands in the rain!

Here are the pictures from our fun day!!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

ha! we have a no 'go no where we don't have to on rainy days' policy in our house! thats nice that your church has an indoor playground!