Friday, February 5, 2010

A Little Mama Bling Bling

Those of you who know me pretty well know that I am not big on wearing lots of jewelry. I don't know why (probably because I always forget to put it on). So the fact that I am writing a post about jewelry will be a big thing!



When Ben was born, Matt bought me a beautiful necklace as a present (ok so I told him I wanted a present but he picked it out on his own!) It is aquamarine which is Ben's birthstone. I love that necklace. I wear it all the time. Everytime I wear it I think of Ben. So when Kate was born I told Matt I did want another "present" (can you call it a present when you ask for it). I knew he had been looking around for something but was having a hard time finding something he liked. He also didn't know if Kate was going to be born in November or December. When she came early, he really didn't have time to pick something out. So the Saturday after she was born when she was still in the hospital he went shopping and finally found the perfect gift. November's birthstone is citrine which is not the prettiest of stones but he found an awesome bracelet. And it is super cool that he got to give it to me when we went out to lunch while we were waiting to pick up Kate to bring her home. I will never forget that moment! We had the bracelet reworked into white gold so I just got it back last week. It is beautiful!!! I am so excited to finally get to wear it.


I love my mommy bling as I call it! Both of these pieces are full of so many memories. I love wearing them on special occasions in the kiddos lives as a momento of them! Plus now I have an orange and blue set for football games.

1 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Both are so pretty!! Brad calls it a "push present". :)