Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Joy

Today has been about finding joy in the little things. It was a stressful morning getting everyone up and out of the house by 8 to drop Ben off at school. I then had to go into work for the morning for my yearly evaluation which is always so much fun. Especially this year since I have only been back at work for a week. My boss was asking me questions and I had no clue because I am so out of the loop. I then spent 2 hours on the phone with IT trying to fix my work laptop. Thankfully Kate was very cooperative during all this. We survived the morning and all was well.

I have been able to find so much joy today is my kids. I love being a mom!!!

Ben woke up extra early this morning and the rule is if daddy is up then he can get into bed with me. Kate was already up too so the 3 of us enjoyed some snuggle time and extra sleeping. Such a wonderful way to start the day.
I was so in the mood for spring that I dressed Kate in a springy (is that a word) outfit. Not the type of outfits I usually put her in but it was fun to see her in something different. She is so cute.
Ben got a hold of my camera and started taking pictures around the house. He loved taking pictures of his things. So much fun to see him enjoy the fun of taking pictures.


He and I have had fun this afternoon doing some indoor bowling while Kate napped. A funny thing he said last night... I was fixing dinner and asked him if he wanted ham for dinner. He matter of factly replied "I only eat ham at GG's house." That is my grandmother who always fixes ham for him. I thought it was hilarious! He is so funny!!! Brings me joy each day.

So even though the day started out rough and stressful at times I have found so much joy in the 2 wonderful blessings I have been given.

3 comments:

Julie Rodgers said...

Yay!!! Sounds like an awesome joy-filled day. I love the picture of you three sleeping in. How sweet!! Enjoy those sweet kids!

Amanda Sanford said...

Kids do bring so much joy! Saw a precious blog about construction party today that I thought you may enjoy some super crafty ideas from...check out firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com and click on 2 year old construction party on the left side menu!! Super cute, easy ideas!! Cannot believe Ben and Reagan are growing so fast!!!

Jessica said...

Early morning snuggles a.k.a. 'extra sleep for mom!!!!' are the best!!!!