Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What A Day!

Do you ever have one of those days where everything seems to happen on that one day? Today was that day (as you can tell because I am just now blogging). We had about 6 things on the calendar for today. There was so much that we could have done. You all would have been proud of me I didn't try to do it all. I skipped the mural painting class at church that I really wanted to go to this morning but I just knew we had too much going on. Matt also skipped out on a dinner he wanted to go to so we could fit everything else in.
We did make a Walmart run in the rain (after last weeks experience you would have thought I would have learned). We had to get valentines for Ben's party at school tomorrow. That was a must do. Ben had a blast picking out the valentines he wanted. He went with some football ones. We had fun putting his name on them. He "signed" them all too.

As a side story the shirt he is wearing always makes me laugh. My mom bought it for him from a resale shop in Alaska. It has this moose on it. I don't know why it makes me laugh but it does. She has bought him lots of really winter clothes from resale shops in Alaska when she goes with my dad on business. Like nice Columbia big winter coats for $1 that would cost 10x that here because no one has them. Today was my first day back at work. I was actually excited to be going back to work. I was lucky enough to take 12 weeks off which has been wonderful to adjust to life with 2 kids. I have the best job in the world. I schedule to see patients on my schedule when it fits in with what I need. It really is the perfect job for me right now. I love being able to still work but really be a full time mom! I worked very hard to get my master's and complete an internship so I want to use my skills. I look forward to going back to work full time one day soon but I love being at home most of the time right now. It is also nice to have a little extra spending money. I learned while I was off that my money pays for my decorating habit. I was trying to do decorating projects that we didn't have the money for because I wasn't working. Gotta get back to work if I am going to keep decorating!

My work will be limited for a little while because I don't have Kate in "school" yet. I am going to be working a couple of afternoons a week when my mom can watch the kiddos. It was fun today to get dressed up for work and get everything together. I have a wonderful partner that I work with that has kept everything going for the last 3 months so it was an easy transition back. The kids did great with my mom (she was the first person to keep them both by herself) and I had a blast getting back to the work world.

The hardest part of the day was dealing with the crazy schedule. I ran home from work to feed Kate and drop her back off with my mom so that I could go to a coupon class with a neighbor tonight. We have had it planned for a long time. Matt and Ben took off to church to go to visitation. It was a busy day. We are all just getting home. But it was fun. I love full busy days!!

0 comments: