Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Girl Stuff

I LOVE having a little girl! It is fun to buy all the fun girly stuff for her but I have to admit boys are SO much easier. You put a pair of jeans and a shirt on them and you are done. Now I am dealing with hairbows, panties, tights and shoes. Ben didn't wear a pair of shoes until he was 9 months old! I am on a steep learning curve for all this girl stuff and I need some help from all you girl mamas out there!

I have solved the bow problem. They were just piling up in the drawer so this weekend I made a bow holder that I have hung up in her closet. It turned out super cute and since the girl has some major hair we will be using lots of bows!! I was also given a lesson in which bows work the best recently. The "alligator" clips don't work well but the tension ones do. I really want to learn how to make bows so if anyone can teach me I would love to learn.


My first question is about panties that go with dresses. Where do you put them. Below is a picture of Kate's closet. I don't know if you can tell but right now dresses that having matching panties/bloomers I am just hanging them over the hanger with the dress. It makes it look messy. Any suggestions on what I should do with them to keep them organized? Do you actually use these?
On to tights... Do you wear them under a onesie or over the top of a onesie? Where do you find them? What about leggings? I really want some leggings for her but can't find them. Here is the mess of tights that I currently have!


I need your help girl mommas!!! I am trying to learn all this to have the cutest dressed little girl!



8 comments:

Jennifer said...

when you find all these things out, let me know!!! I'm gonna need to know too!!! I was thinking about the tights thing just today (I ordered some stuff from Childrens Place that just came today) It came with the little panty cover things.
Anyway, super cute bow holder too, where did you find the butterfly?

Amanda Sanford said...

Bow holder is precious...kudos to you! Maybe Reagan will have enough hair to hold bows by Kindergarten!! I am trying to wait patiently.
About the bloomers...I have always put the hanger through one leg hole but it does make it take up more room in closet. You can always buy some white panties with eyelet trim, have her name or monogram done in pink on one pair, white on the other and let her wear them under everything and ditch the other bloomers!!! Then they can go in a drawer!
About the tights...under a onesie helps keep the crotch from drooping! You can get them in packs of three from Target or Wal-Mart if you just want white or off white...fun ones are at Gymboree, Children's Place, etc. The leggings are hard to come by in small sizes...if you find some, let me know!!!
Girls are super fun to dress...boys are easier in many ways! But our girl is much more independent, much earlier, which I appreciate!!! ENJOY having one of each!!!

The South Family said...

Have you tried looking at the Purple Peanut over by the hospital? They always seem to have unique things like leggings. Also try online! I agree with tights first then onsie over it.

The Edmonds said...

Tights first, then the onsie. I only use the panties to things in the summer time when Kylie isn't wearing tights. It is too much for me to have to take off panties and tights to change a diaper.

About bows...if you have aligator clips you need to buy the rubbery kind of drawer liner and cut small strips and glue the strips to one side of the clip. It works miracles for making bows stay in!

I can show you how to make bows next time we have a play date, it is super easy!!!!

Jessica said...

I keep the bloomers in her top drawer, just like an 'underwear' drawer and find the matching ones for the outfit for the day. I have 3 pair of tights, but Bailey only wore one pair one time. I'm NOT a fan of tights!!! I hate them for me and I was not a fan of them for the baby/diaper combo. We did pants or leggings under all of her dresses instead of tights when she was little. Well, we still do actually. I just shopped for outfits with good pants and would mix and match those pants/legging with other outfits. And I made a few things as well. She wore lots of pants, I guess. Still does. ;-)

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed reading the post and all of the comments. I HAVE to put the bloomers with the dress - or I don't know which go with which! I do have 1 white pair monogrammed which she wears if I remember! Tights first - always! I really enjoyed the first time Jonathan put on Caroline's tights - I think it took him 5 minutes. I had to teach him after that, but he almost always dresses her for church (b/c I am usually still getting ready!). I am impressed but not surprised by your bow organizer, it is so cute! Leggings, I never seem to have a problem finding them (and I only shop at Belk, Kohls and Carter's outlets). My favorite, favorite tights are from Itty Bitty. They are cheaper than Belk and hold up much better (I wash them in a lingerie bag)! They are 100% cotton so they are much warmer. Once it is hot - no tights for either one of us!

Amanda said...

I love the bow organizer! I've been wanting to make one for Emma, and still haven't yet. I usually get tights and leggings from Target (they are inexpensive and come in different solid colors). Have you gotten any Baby Legs? They always look cute on chubby little legs and have lots of fun prints (our Target has some also). Trumpette also makes really cute mary jane tights for babies. Emma had a couple of monogrammed bloomers, and I use those instead of the ones that came with the dresses. Little girls are so fun to dress!

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

I don't have this problem yet, but I just came across this tutorial and it reminded me of this post. Keep notes on all you learn about this so I can get all the tricks from you in a few years!
http://edensflowergarden.blogspot.com/2009/08/headband-holder.html