Thursday, February 25, 2010

Party Prep

We have had a super busy week getting ready for the big birthday party tomorrow. I have a confession to make. "Hi, my name is Emily and I am party planning obsessed." I think I may need professional help. I started planning Ben's birthday party the minute I got done planning a baby shower back in January. I love planning parties and having everything come together! It is so much fun. It is stressful but I love it.

So I had been asking Ben what kind of party he wanted. He said "football party" so I of course tell him that he wants a construction party. Great mom I am! I thought football seemed good for an older boy and construction was perfect for a 3 year old. He was good with the idea so we have been planning a construction party for the last few months. I love using the Internet to get great ideas. I ordered lots of fun (cheap) things to have at the party. It is going to be great. We are branching out this year and not doing the party at home. It was just going to be too much to get it all together and clean the house and have a 3 month old so we are doing it at the indoor playground at our church. About 7 of his little friends are coming so it should be tons of fun!! I am so excited.

Here are the invitations I made. I love using my digital scrapbooking stuff to make invitations. I can make them for less than 20 cents! I thought they turned out really cute!Here Ben and I are making the favors for the party. I look horrible in pictures. I can't keep my eyes open! Any suggestions?
Ben in the party room (guest bedroom). For the last couple of months it has been full of everything we needed for the party.
Last night we made the icing for the cake. Tonight is making the cake and decorating. Should be interesting. I was going to buy the cake but Matt talked me into making it. It is fun to make the cakes for the kiddos birthdays. I just worry that it won't turn out right.


1 comments:

Amanda said...

Hope the party goes great! Those invitations are so cute, and I know that the cake will turn out wonderfully :)